AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running Coyotes vs Running Deer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kstate90
Posted 12/15/2010 19:42 (#1487876 - in reply to #1487816)
Subject: Re: Running Coyotes vs Running Deer

North Central Kansas
I don't think either one is sportsmanlike. The only difference I can see is that coyote are considered Vermin so they are non desired animal. I call coyotes also and trapped coyotes when I was in high school. In my area some of the coyote hunters show little if any respect for property rights. Very few of them have permission to be on the ground and will drive accross fields when they are soft. I learned at an early age to dislike them from my father. He was quite well know amongst the local coyote hunters. The ones that he caught usually remembered it and did not come back. I can remember one year when the neighbor was gone I walked down to their house to do chores. I was walking back to my house when I started hearing bullets going through the grass around me. They were shooting out the draw I was in. They could have killed me.

Brad I think one of the things you have to understand about the KDWP is that the biggest part of their revenue comes from permits and licenses due to budget cuts from the legislature. The more out of state hunters that come to Kansas the more money they receive. The problem is that all these hunters are coming to shoot the big buck that they saw the guy shoot on the hunting show. They don't wan't to shoot a doe. They want the doe herd to grow. More deer is better right? The out of state hunters buying land, leasing land, or buying a guided hunt has ruined hunting for Kansas residents. You can't blame the farmers because the money is too good to pass up. In alot of cases the farmers have gotten turned off by the local hunters trespassing and destroying their property. I think the shoot a doe get a buck tag is the only way to control the population. I can remember when I was a kid in the early 70's and we would stop the car if we saw a deer. We never thought it would come to this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)