AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble FmX and Field IQ or True Application Control?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

00rooster
Posted 12/4/2010 12:30 (#1467573)
Subject: Trimble FmX and Field IQ or True Application Control?

I'm building a new planter for next year and I'm having trouble making a decision on whether I was to use Field IQ or True Application Control(TAC) for it. I already have JD MaxEmerge II units off of my old planter platform that have vacuum units and E-Set disks. I also have a single Rawson Hyd. Drive with Accu-Rate controller off another old planter that I'm going to use. It'll be a 12 row planter expandable to 16 row sometime in the future. I also am putting on liquid starter in-furrow. Since the whole planter will be run on one drive unit, I'll probably install Tru-Count clutches on the individual units. I asked a Trimble rep. at a farm show this summer, and he suggested that I go with the Field IQ, since its expandable, and it sounded like that is the direction the company was going. However, at that time the Field IQ didn't have a capability of monitoring the seed sensors, and I'd need to run my old monitor for that purpose at least until they developed that ability. He expected it this spring, but stopped short of guaranteeing it. I want to have Variable Rate seed, and still have the capability in the future to run two prescriptions for two products at the same time if they ever get that into the FmX.
I also am strip tilling with dry fertilizer, and using the FmX with a Raven 660 in granular spreader mode for that, and it works for now, but will either platform be better for that application?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)