AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble FmX and Freeform function
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

00rooster
Posted 11/4/2010 20:38 (#1421984)
Subject: Trimble FmX and Freeform function

2011 will be my first year with autosteer and guidance, and I have be no-till but have also adopted strip-till that I plan on doing this fall. I need to split my old corn rows for both soybeans, and corn for next year. Since I didn't use guidance to plant this last year I will have to drive it manually while strip-tilling this fall. But I would like to be able to use guidance on the planter to follow the strips that I make. I can make an AB curve line, but it will only follow the old rows for a round or two(didn't plant that straight). So I was wondering how the FreeFrom function works, and if that is what I need to do. I've done some experimentation with it, and it seems to be logging a new line whenever I make a U-turn. But, when I go to my swath management I see about 250 freeform lines. Basically, I want a function that creates a seperate AB curve for each pass, and when I come back to plant my guidance will lock onto the nearest line. Am I doing this correct, or am I out for a disappointment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)