AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FMX/Field Level II issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

beiswanger
Posted 10/30/2010 23:44 (#1415047 - in reply to #1414862)
Subject: Re: FMX/Field Level II issues

ECIN
The most that we can realistically do in a day with our setup is about 10 acres on 40' centers, and with rolling ground (short runs), that can amount to anywhere from 15-30 section lines. The size of the field level .xml file on the memory card is usually around 3-4mb. I noticed when that file size got up to 6-7mb, the fmx speed and reliability was completely unacceptable (it affected the speed of grade control as well). I have not tried surveying in the medium or coarse modes...we have enough low spots and gullies that I'm afraid of missing something important-maybe it's not worth worrying about.

If you want only a background image of your design on the fmx, go into Farmworks and copy your "Drainage" layer to the "Feature Lines" layer. Delete the "Drainage" layer, then write the data to the card. Your lines will show up as a background on the fmx run screen, and maybe also under the "Swaths" tab. If this doesn't make sense let me know!

Send me an email and I will forward you the link I was given to v4.0 from someone here on AgTalk.

Edited by beiswanger 10/30/2010 23:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)