AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

first day ?'s on 9600
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nar
Posted 9/29/2010 01:11 (#1377949 - in reply to #1377821)
Subject: Re: first day ?'s on 9600

Wyoming
4- Usually when they miss like that they set a code and then you can track down if it is the wiring or what. The wires on the pump or temp sensor usually. Even if the plug looks fine on the outside it can have a burned wire on the inside, take the harness off the injection pump and look at it. It must have good suction though if it runs without the lift pump hooked up. Usually the injection pump goes bad in a worse way, like something breaks in it and it pours fuel like crazy into one cylinder. Which is why I just put an injection pump in mine the other day. Mine wasn't missing, it just suddenly started fuel knocking and smoking a ton because it was pouring the fuel to #2 cylinder.

3- Mine also clunks a little on hills, sounds like the splines are just slightly loose. Not that bad to look at like yours. Seen way worse on other more beat on machines. Seems normal. If it gets excessive replace parts.

2- Synthetic oil would make the trans cooler, they will be hot with normal oil in them. Can't remember if it was that hot. Brakes tend to stick when they get worn, not sure how to loosen them up, one of mine stuck one day until it got discolored and I never felt it. Now it takes a pump first before that brake works, guess they need taken apart, but since they are wore would need new drums too.

1- Yeah hydro is loud, especially on hills. Yours has 1500 less hours than mine, ought to be tighter. Depends of course how well it was maintained though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)