AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

first day ?'s on 9600
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kwvnhfr1
Posted 9/28/2010 23:22 (#1377821)
Subject: first day ?'s on 9600

Blue Grass (Eastern IA)
Running new to me 1993 9600 with 3000 eng hrs and 2000 Sep hrs for the first time today and have several ?'s. Old combine was an 8820.

1 Hydro whine on 9600 is much louder in cab when under load than 8820. Pulls good though, is this normal?

2 After shut down I checked all bearings and gear cases for heat. Transmission was hot to the touch. Brake drums were too hot to touch, they are sticking. How do I free them up?

3 There seems to be some slop in the drivetrain when I pull hydro lever or go up or down a hill. Checked splined couplers going to finals, they do have some play, but splines are no where near being sharp. Is this normal?

4 Every 1/2 hr or so the engine has a brain fart. It's like I turned off the key for a second. Most of the time it keeps running, but one time it died, then restarted easily after turning the key off then cranking it. It still has the original injection pump, is this how they act when going bad? I have checked the wiring connectors in the flat plugs by the valve cover on the flywheel end, they are perfect. Have not checked where they attach to the pump or the back wall of engine compartment, but they look clean from the outside, this machine has always been shedded. I accidentally ran for a while with the electric fuel pump unplugged, engine acted the same, clicks good and loud when plugged in.

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)