AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Possible To "T" Implement Switches?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/27/2007 07:16 (#126262 - in reply to #126118)
Subject: Re: Possible To "T" Implement Switches?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
In the case of the Ag Leader install, I knew the function of each wire. This is the part where I feel it is a bit dangerous to proceed tying the two together so to speak.

I am assuming this is a Deere planter. Another switch from Deere and a bracket is not really very expensive. This is easy to install and would help keep things straight and separate. Even if the planter is not a Deere, a substitute bracket can be made for a Kinze (and others I assume) to utilize the Deere switch.

Then a cable is needed to go from the Deere switch (Normally closed in planting position) to the Implement switch connector on the Insight Liquid Control Module. When the planter is down, the circuit is complete which will let the Herbicide system go into action. It would not be possible to run the herbicide with the planter UP with this arragement unless you "fool the switch"

The Master switch will stop herbicide flow when this is desired. When the planter is lowered for filling, the switch will be activated and the herbicide system will try to apply. The best procedure is to shut off the Master when filling but then you must remember to turn it back ON when you go back to planting.

This is a bit of a downside to automatic ON/OFF operation. For the most part the automatic setup is fine unless you forget to turn it back ON when you start planting again.

Just this morining I'm considering an implement switch on a customer's planter that could run an injection pump which injects insecticide into the starter fertilizer. This could be done with the addition of an implement switch but the disadvantages may outweigh the advantages. It may just be best to force the operator to turn a switch ON/OFF on each end. Once the operator gets into this routine, it should be very workable.

Edited by tedbear 3/27/2007 07:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)