AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Troubleshooting Raven Flowmeter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/24/2007 14:53 (#124880 - in reply to #124878)
Subject: RE: Troubleshooting Raven Flowmeter

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I would try to test it in a Raven system to determine if the sensor is the problem or if the problem is with the Ag Leader system.

Look at the Raven type connector in the Ag Leader Harness. This will be a round three pin Conxall.

With the notch up, the Pin at 2 O'clock should be ground. The Pin at 10 O'clock should be the power source for the circuit board. Older Raven flowmeters used 5 volts while the newer ones can run up to 12 V. Check the voltage between those two pins, it is possible that the flowmeter is not getting power from the Ag Leader harness.

The pin across from the notch (6 O'clock) is signal. This is pin that changes from 0 to 5 volts as the turbine turns.

You can remove the sensor and spin the turbine across it. This should produce action in either a Raven system or Ag Leader.

Are you certain that you have set things up properly on the Insight configuration such as Meter Cal etc.? (Note the Raven meter cal needs to be divided by 10 since A.L. uses the pulses per gallon wheras the Raven uses pulses for 10 Gallons.)

Edited by tedbear 3/24/2007 14:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)