AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New 24 row deere planter that never worked
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 8/24/2010 19:28 (#1330526 - in reply to #1330416)
Subject: RE: New 24 row deere planter that never worked

Kansas
I take it your trying to get compensation money out of them for the loss of yield from what I read in your last sentence.

First things first. Is the planter fixed? If not, Why not? Have they refused to find the problem and fix it correctly for you?

Next question, did they send out a field man to check the planter over and see what he can find during this off season? I read where your dealer has done alot for you but perhaps he is over his head because of lack of experience. Deere should have a resident expert that they could send shouldn't they? Has that been requested? Has that taken place? If not, why not?

And of course, you should realize in todays big business, noone and I mean noone is going to just fork over money they are accused of owing without going through court. If that be the case, people be demanding money all the time for failed crops. You are going to have to hire an attorney and prove your point in court to get any compensation. Its not impossible but I am not going to speculate either way at the time as I don't know the entire scenario and that is up for a court to decide.

Next thing I'd do if i was you is shut up. I dont' mean that as an insult. I mean that as till court is over with so you don't broadcast something online or somewhere that can be used against you in court. Because believe me, if they can, they will, its a bloodbath sometimes over these issues with a judge presiding and thousands of dollars at stake.

Good Luck fixing the problem. I doubt highly deere is going to lose one Iota of sleep if they lost you as a customer. There will be a caseih guy that gets pissed off over the winter or an AGCO guy that gets pissed off (or more likely comes to his senses with that mickey mouse corporation) and will goto deere and take up the slack that you have made. I wouldn't rely very damn highly on loyalty to play any key rolls in this ordeal at all. Not at all.

It's all about the money. They done sold you the product. Even if you financed it with them they have enough downpayment and trade now that they are ahead of the game of you if they wanted to repossess the rig.

Get an attorney. Quit playing he said she said pointing fingers b.s. kid games and go get the matter taken care of before spring gets here. Even if you get another planter, everyone now knows this pile of junk is unreliable and the value isn't going to be there as if it was a good unit.

Best of Luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)