AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hesston/Challenger/AGCO/Mf baler wrapping problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NH farmer
Posted 8/26/2010 00:55 (#1332814 - in reply to #1330134)
Subject: Re: Hesston/Challenger/AGCO/Mf baler wrapping problem

North Missouri
Do you have a silage baler? Because most hestons have the starter roll with the four rubber strips on it. I looked at new one the other day and noticed it had the starter roll like your talking about. We have an 06 model with the rubber strips and like you said every now and again it wraps up on the starter roll. But I will say I have the most trouble of the net not making it to the bale when The bale is at the upper limits. I usually try to stop about 68" and found to have a lot less trouble. Seems like 1 out of a 100 bales it will not put the net wrap on the bale and here's the puzzling thing sometimes i don't know were it goes. It's not on any of the rollers in the baler. I sometimes wonder if it shoots it out on the ground or something.
And if you try using twine i hope you have better luck than we do. If the net every once in a while on the starter roll pisses you off, you'll really enjoy running twine. We have a 5556a heston and our previous baler an 856a would run twine a lot better faster and more reliable than this one. I think it mainly has to do with the GTA Monitor. Actually i've been having an issue of my own with the monitor losing the baler. Usually if i unplug the monitor and turn it back on it will find it again but still a PITA. And it's completely intermittent. Other than that it's a great baler. It's amazing what that thing will eat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)