AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hesston/Challenger/AGCO/Mf baler wrapping problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 8/24/2010 17:09 (#1330393 - in reply to #1330375)
Subject: RE: Hesston/Challenger/AGCO/Mf baler wrapping problem

Southeast Colorado
That is the reason I suggested making a smaller diameter bale. When your chamber has expanded to its outer limits sometimes the net will get hung up in a tight spot. I guess I'm a little confused as to why you would be even feeding any net into the baler when it is empty?? Surely it only wraps up on a roller when the chamber is full. I have my baler set to start wrapping at 66" but by the time I get stopped it reads from 68 to 70+ inches. If the JD goes past 72" an abort bale alarm goes off because it claims you can damage your baler from overstuffing. If you are making 70" bales there may be no more room for the rollers to expand out. Again I'm strickly talking JD here but I bet a similar philosophy applies. I would think you could set the tension up and still get a heavy smaller diameter bale if that is what you want. EDIT Sorry I went back and reread your post. I thought you said you had net wrap wrapping on the roller, not hay. Guess my suggestions aren't much help. If you ever have net wrap wadding up on a roller keep my posts handy. LOL! This problem I can't help on.

Edited by tmrand 8/24/2010 17:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)