AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Your opinion on transmission flush's?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 8/21/2010 07:37 (#1324938 - in reply to #1324915)
Subject: Re: Your opinion on transmission flush's?

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!
If you have changed the oil that often and if It has not been overheated and if the oil in it now looks good and the filter is clean and if it has not had synthetic oil in it I would flush it and put synthetic in it. I did on a 95 1500 with 200,000 on it before selling it as the trans was noisy and didn't shift well and its still running at 300,000 and they haven't had any problems. We have had 3 grand cherokees and did that to them at 75-90,000 because that is what they had on them when we bought them and never replaced a trans in one yet and they all went to 200,000 and the one we have now is approching 300,000. Dealer says we are the only ones he's seen make it past 100,000 but he's never seen anyone take care of them like we do.
Dewayne a proper flush involves dropping the pan and changing/checking the filter first. Seeing what is on the filter puts a halt to many flushes. I only flush if changing to synthetic.
Ed, on the Dodges I have seen powersteering pump noise mistaken for convertor noise more than once.

Edited by nebfarmer 8/21/2010 07:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)