AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TRIMBLE RTK WITH JD SPRAYER
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jdspray
Posted 8/19/2010 08:06 (#1322040)
Subject: TRIMBLE RTK WITH JD SPRAYER

WI
I AM NOT LOOKING TO START A HE SAID SHE SAID HATE FIGHT....I am sure that all systems have their merits- clearly I am working on both sides of the fence and I am sure it would be easier if I was all one way but I think we could all agree that 70% of the posts on here are about trying to make something play nice with something else.

I have a Trimble RTK network. It works for us. I have had a non-JD sprayer until recently. I now want to make the JD sprayer work on that network. It is a JD 4730. I originally thought I could work it like this- I would keep my 2600 in its stock location on the corner post and it would run documentation and swath control as well as my spray system and machine functions. I would then take one of my FM1000 displays and mount it underneath. I think that I could adapt some sort of a tractor harness to plug into my AT valve and steer sensor? I think that I would have to run a separate CAN harness for that then as the two displays would not play nice on the same CAN. So what help can you guys give me? Has anyone done this? Anyone have any ideas on what harnesses to use or where to get them? Is there an easier way to get this done? Thank you for your help.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)