AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flywheel SAE number? +pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

btruck
Posted 8/18/2010 17:13 (#1321167 - in reply to #1321148)
Subject: RE: Flywheel SAE number? +pics

MN
I'd pressure lube your bearings with either engine or hydraulic oil in a sealed carrier and make your bearing carrier out of some very heavy wall tubing with machined endplates to retain the bearings and hold the lubrication oil in. I'd guess a regular sealed bearing wouldn't last long in that application, but maybe it will

Should be able to find the SAE spec for flywheel housings. Basically it's just a diameter and depth measurement. I'd doubt Detroit would have the number casted onto it.

Here's something I found with a quick search http://www.depco.com/upload/flywheel_70957.pdf You may want to check a couple sources for the dimensions online.

A keyway and taper bushing would probably be the simplest way to connect the engine to the input.

One major issue is I don't know if the LCD coupler will allow enough misalignment now that the engine and transmission aren't moving together as one piece. If you look at a CIH 4wd and others they have a shaft with U-joints to reduce the problem with misalignment. Or maybe use a quill shaft.

Of course all of this is just a guess, and I'm not recommending you do any of it. I don't know for sure if it would work or not.

Good Luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)