AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Temik, not for long!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 8/17/2010 07:44 (#1319038 - in reply to #1318708)
Subject: Re: Temik, not for long!

Martinsville, Ohio
I feel the loss of cyanazine cost me and a lot of farmers a lot of money. It set the adoption of notill corn back here because it worked so well in the conditions where it worked like it did here. Corvus finally gives me some control like I had with cyanazine but look how many years it took to get here.

Was the environment really improved that much without cyanazine?

Command was another one. We caused too many white gardens and fencerows so the label got changed and we still have it.

Temik could be a big a loss to these farmers and I see their point. A lot of new chemistries and programs have come out to replace it but none work just like it does.

Alar was another good product and when apple growers lost it, it increased the cost of production to get similar advantages but that product was lost and nothing worked like it.

We have used glyphosate to death to the point it won't work as well as it did and many farmers can't use like they could 10 years ago. Different problem but increases the cost of production and increases problems which increase cost of production without it.

I guess it all behooves us to do a better job using these products so they don't get banned or don't work anymore like they should.

Ed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)