AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight and dry custom fertilizer blends.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/14/2010 15:42 (#1315339 - in reply to #1315284)
Subject: RE: Insight and dry custom fertilizer blends.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
mtbrights - 8/14/2010 13:40

I'd like to get it right as I may variable rate apply 85 Lbs. of this product in some areas which, of course, will change the blend formula

I'm confused as how variable rating will change the blend formula. If you purposely change the blend then you would need a second product which correctly reflects the proportions used for it. This is assuming that you are only applying one product which is a blend.

Some of our customers were confused on liquid products. They felt that as long as they mixed full tank loads everything would be fine but wouldn't work for a half tank batch. I try to explain to them that the Insight uses the ratios that you define in the base product mix to back figure what was applied.

If they mix up a half batch I would certain think that they would use half of each ingredient so the ratios would still remain the same as a full batch.

One customer said "Well sometimes I change the recipe". To that I replied then you need to create another product mix that correctly reflects the contents of that recipe and give it a descriptive name.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)