AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DK 60-18
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

isuagstud
Posted 7/27/2010 23:15 (#1290845 - in reply to #1290143)
Subject: Re: DK 60-18

Colo, IA
cornstalk - 7/27/2010 12:44

In my area there is no replacement for the 60 series. I just walked some this morning and it will beat the 5935 by 20 bushel easy. The 5935 has bad tip back even with excellent moisture. It just doesn't like the 95 degree temps I guess. We started planting the 60 series in 03 and it has never been beat. It has been the best in 90 bushel years and the best in 180 bushel years. Monsanto always pushes other stuff our way telling us its as good or better but it never is. I am so mad about it we may try other companies and we have been almost all monsanto/dekalb forever. IMO opinion they are more concentrated on selling the new traits than the best corn.

60-18 has been in the lineup for what, 7 years now? How many other companies leave a variety in the lineup that long? I can understand being upset it is leaving, but to leave a company because they finally faded out a variety after seven years seems a little odd. 60-18 has been very good here. It was my high seller this year and I will miss it, but it is very bad with gray leaf spot and can have stalk rot issues and is not great for roots. 62-54 has better stalk and roots and disease package. 61-69 has more top end yield most places. It sucks to loose a variety you love, but their is reasons the new varieties are replacing it. They just cannot keep every variety forever.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)