AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hagie DTS 8 wheel motors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lunatic Fringe
Posted 5/10/2010 16:33 (#1193024)
Subject: Hagie DTS 8 wheel motors

NE
Hi, new to this forum. I have got some good info and interesting stories from here recently. I have a 2008 Hagie DTS 8 that I have had 3 wheel motors in the last yr. replaced due to blowing seals and "egging" the case out. Dealer mechanic says I should drive with the terraces instead of over them! I said put that statement in the sales brochure and see how many get sold! Fortunately these have all been replaced under warranty but that ends this fall. I am not jumping terraces, just going 10 to 12 mph. I think the problem might be when a rear wheel comes off the ground, free wheels, thn comes down and grabs that causes a pressure spike.
I had a 96 Hagie 284 and never had this problem at all. My thinking is the that the old one had a lot more up and down travel but only in the front legs. The new one is air ride and only has about 8- 10 inches of travel. If I get stuck with this thing I dont even try to get out for fear of blowing one up, I just automatically get a tractor to pull myself out. Has any one heard of this? I really like the machine otherwise but I'm beginning to think the old 284 was better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)