AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gold Digger - Pulled vs. 3 point?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SamsDad
Posted 4/3/2010 14:23 (#1148427)
Subject: Gold Digger - Pulled vs. 3 point?

Western EC Iowa

Can anyone speak from having run both pull type and 3 point Gold Diggers and what differences in performance there may be?  I purchased a pull type this winter thinking that way, I could put it on any old bareback whatever if the need arose.  Currently I am pulling it with a JD 8420 mfwd and getting along great, I really don't see a need for another tractor in the lineup.  The thing I see with the pulled is when I put it in the ground and hit 'done lowering' on the Intellislope it will squat the tires(running about 12 psi) as it is making its little adjustments for grade while we are hooking up.  I am convinced this hasn't been a problem grade-wise by watching the water level and making sure I start out very slowly, then bump up the speed as I go along.  But, it is one more thing to have to watch and worry about.   

With the three point, however, it will be in float position and have no effect at all on the tractor to my understanding.  It would also be easier to back into starts(not that big of a deal).  The concern I have with the 3 point is breaking the top link bracket on the tractor.  I saw one broken last year on a 9000 series Deere, which I understand may be kind of common.  Has anyone had any problems with the 8020 series Deeres?

Am I making too much out of this or has anyone else seen what I am seeing?  Overall I am very, very pleased with the job the plow has done, just a couple of small issues that kinda bug me. 

Thanks for any help. Ben

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)