AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oliver 2255
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 4/5/2010 12:05 (#1150821 - in reply to #1148306)
Subject: Re: Oliver 2255

Mid Michigan
The two exhaust crossover pipes on my 4-150 white were burned out and rotted where they went into the bottoms of the manifolds so I fixed them myself. I took them off and cut off the last 4 inches of pipe that went into the manifold. I think it was 2 1/4 inch diameter. I went to the muffler shop and measured up the exact same size pipe and had the shop flange the end of the new pieces until they slipped over the old piece. Then I mig welded them on and cut them to the old length. Now you need a double flange that White used to seal the manifold and the other one that the flange pushes it into the manifold and holds it there. I took two welding rods and nocked off the flux and literally wrapped them around the pipes in the right location and tacked them all the way around. Then I ran a bead all the way around them and carefully took a grinder and went around them and cleaned off the beads. They turned out looking like new. It looked like an episode of American Chopper in the garage. The muffler was also rusted out on the top and bottom so I got sheet metal, cut it to size, welded it into place on the top and the bottom. Now the outlet needed to be changed because it was all broken and loose. I pulled the old outlet out and it was about 4 inches in diameter and had about 500 holes drilled in it. I bought a new piece of pipe about 16 inches long and drilled the 500 new holes. Took a long time! Then I inserted it into the muffler and rewelded it back into place, bolted it back into place, painted it with hi temp por-15 paint and mounted a brand new chrome stack that was like the oem one. I even replaced the heat blocking foam on the front of the fuel tank. The reason I did it was I like oem looking stuff. I hate the looks of a tractor with a cobbled up exhaust system on there. I've seen too many whites with awful looking and sounding duals cobbled up on them. I can't believe some of the hack systems that have been put on some of these tractors. I guess the same guys put a crappy looking set of duals on a pickup and think they look cool.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)