AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone heard of Precision Partners?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

catgps
Posted 2/16/2007 09:58 (#105859 - in reply to #105784)
Subject: Re: Anyone heard of Precision Partners?

I have alot of experience with both of these companies as I am a former employee of the Mosaic FieldInsite team,

I was a part of the initial research team that helped develop and research taking LandSat imagery and turning it into a yield potential map on a field by field basis. The Precision Partners team is based out of Fergus Falls, MN and since the initial research & development they have stepped away from the Mosaic team and developed a different approach and software package. I do not know much about their actual program but know the employees very well and are a good bunch.

The Mosaic FieldInsite team have joined technologies with a company in France and are working to market a product called SaMZ in the United States, along with the Yield Potential and Variable Rate N, P, K. This technology did start out very expensive but with this new partnership and a new Internet delivery tool prices have been lowered. They are taking a different marketing approach and are working through Local Agronomists at strageic customers across the USA this is due to the fact that each area they are working in there is a large investment into the imagery it takes to cover that area. This is why they do not give everyone usernames and access. Their marketing approach is very much driven by demand so if you have interest in the technolgy I would recommend going to their website and emailing the contact on the page.
www.fieldinsite.com

I have been around this technology for the last 6 years and feel very strongly about the technology and process. I have been using the InSiteYPM, InSiteVRN, and the SAMZ technology on my own farm for the last 4 years and have seen some very good results from all of the technologies. We have ranged from $3 to $16/ acre of nitrogen savings by using the InSiteYPM and VRN products. This is through the use of yield potential maps that are derived on historical images from each field (both biomass and organic matter maps are used), we set our yield goals and then side-dress our N in the spring, giving the areas of high yield potential more and the areas of low yield less N. These products have been a great fit into our Nitrogen management program. We have taken a different approach with our PK management though.

That is where we have used the SAMZ technology which is also an image based product it uses multiple years and images to derive management zones on a field by field or farm by farm basis. Although the product does not explain what the differences of color mean but it gave us a baseline to use for a smarter sampling program and nutrient management plan. We are using this product in conjuction with InSiteYPM and yield maps to help make our nutrients in the ground more uniform in a field. We noticed that our P levels ranged from 3ppm (in higher yielding areas) to 20+ppm (just happened to be the pot holes "no yield" areas).

The Mosaic FieldInSite team has a lot of resources to the proper research and development knowledge that is needed to maintain a product line of this nature. The group is great to work with and has a lot of experience between them all.

If you would like to know anything else feel just let me know and I would be glad to explain more about how these products have helped us and who you should contact at either of these companies to get more information.

Also there is a very good article about a company in Nebraska that is using these technologies to help their customers make better informed decision when it comes to nutrient management and seed placement. This article was in the last issue of "CropLife" in the Technology Handout.

Greg D.

Edited by catgps 2/16/2007 10:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)