AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autosteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nefarmer
Posted 2/12/2007 21:11 (#103716 - in reply to #103029)
Subject: Re: Autosteer

NC Nebraska
On a 4560 you could use the deere universal kit which would be fine. 4" accuracy works great for planting however things won't match back up perfectly when you come back and ditch (we tried to come back and cultivate on 30" rows). The only way that would work would be to nudge things.

It's been my experience that if you have guys who aren't capable of planting half way straight then they aren't going to be the most technology educated as well. Lets face it, how many people are? In other words, if things work good and you don't have to **** with it then there's less of a chance that your guys will have trouble with it. It's best if things were to work exactly how you told them and you won't get bothered as much.

I guess I'm leaning at RTK for your situation but maybe there's a better way. Deere does have the circle system as well but have never used it. One thing about the universal kit, it will go in about any swather. I know guys using them in Macdons. You would be able to transfer the monitor and reciever over from the tractor.

One last thing, if autosteer is in you tractor, you will use it for just about anything-including raking!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)