AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD8000RT ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Duramax
Posted 2/13/2010 13:15 (#1072921 - in reply to #1072436)
Subject: Re: JD8000RT ?

N.W. Indiana
The biggest problem for us on the Cat is the Trimble auto steer. It seemed like we always had at least one tractor not working which, makes it difficult to plant without markers. Cat and Trimble would always point the finger at the other guy.

The constant codes and alarms are enough to drive a person crazy (steering filter bypass is the most common). The bad thing is, the guys running them are so used to pushing the acknowledge button that I was afraid if something bad did happen they would just ignore it. We had injectors go out of all four Cats (two 755B's and two 765B's) within the first 200 hours. They would only replace the ones that were out the first trip and of course the rest failed shortly thereafter. We had tractors down 8 times for injector replacement.

The air conditioners were terrible. If it was over 80* outside you were sweating in the cab. We literally had guys running them in their shorts (not a pretty sight). It took them a year and a half before Agco finally stepped up to the plate and fixed them. Now they work fine.

The inside bogey wheels on the right track constantly fling the rubber off the wheels. Same wheels on all 4 tractors. There has to be some kind of alignment issue but, know one can find it. Those wheels are over $300 a piece.

The clutch and brakes need adjusted about every six months. I've never had either adjusted on our Deere's. When the brakes are out of adjustment it will launch you through the front windshield if you are not hanging on for dear life.

I guess tat's about all I think of off the top of my head. I will say our local Cat dealer has the best mechanic we have ever had. I was more than happy with him. The problem was getting him there. I have talked to several people in the area that are getting away from Cats for the same reason. They charge around $700 per service call for mileage even on warranty work. Deere charges $0 on warranty work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)