AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MX 240
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

gpm
Posted 2/6/2010 22:28 (#1061983 - in reply to #1061923)
Subject: RE: MX 240

NW Ohio
When I checked around before getting our MX, most guys really liked them. Concerns that I was told about: oil leaks around the oil (was told that the engine has to be pulled to replace it), and the CAPS fuel system could be an issue. I was told that they are needing replaced somewhere between 2000 and 4000 hrs, but specific answer were not provided. This system is on the 240, 270, 255, and 285. The smaller ones had a mechanical pump instead of the computer. I was told that the fuel pumps on the CAPS system are very sensitive to foreign material and it is very hard on the system if run out of fuel. I was not given an answer to the important question: HOW CAN I TELL IF THE PUMP IS GOING OUT! I was basicly told that I wouldn't know unless it is being used and not running properly. I was told to make sure that the fuel filters (spin-on and in-line) are changed regularly and to check the screen at the pump, too. If there are shavings at the screen, issues could be on the way. I asked about any fuel additives to help prevent or prolong the issues, but have not received any real answer yet.

The one thing that I was told for sure was the price of a new fuel pump: $5000.00. If replaced, it was suggested that the injectors be checked, too. Estimated around $8000.00 fix. Just some facts up front.

If you're getting it from a dealer, voice a concern and see if they'll stand behind it for at least a short peroid.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)