AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA Geo-spatial images ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bviator
Posted 2/2/2007 20:31 (#98335 - in reply to #98114)
Subject: Re: USDA Geo-spatial images ?

Southern Louisiana
I still have the oringial free version of MrSid Geoview. That was the software they provided to convert MrSid images to GeoTiff format before they started charging out the wazoo for the conversion technology. I am sure there are some other "free" programs out now that will do it, but I haven't looked lately. I keep the original Install folder of my old MrSid Geoview on a CD so I will never lose it and can reinstall it on my computer when needed. I have used it quite successfully for 6 years now converting the MRSid DOQQ's to Geotiff images for importing into Farmworks Site Pro. Farmworks has recently added a feature to do this inside the program, but I had problems getting it to work so I still use the original free Geoview software to do my conversions. It is simple and reliable. Just open the MrSid file in Geoview, export as a geotiff and world file, then open up the geotiff in Farmworks Calibrate application. Site or Site Pro calibrates the image, then you can save it as a geo jpeg to take up less hard drive space.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)