AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Enlarging loader bucket for snow?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gary Onanebrfarm
Posted 1/3/2010 17:27 (#1001075)
Subject: Enlarging loader bucket for snow?

SC Nebraska
While I was doing some equipment shopping online last week I came across this photo of a backboard on a JD loader bucket. I know nothing about its use... I just have the photo... so I don’t know if it was put on for snow, or if it would work well for that purpose. But I have an 8' bucket and I want to increase the amount of snow I can carry. (With a 4430/260 loader, and soon also with a 4455MFWD/740 loader.) I’m guessing some of you guys have augmented your buckets for this purpose, and I’d appreciate hearing how you approached it (and seeing photos?) I realize that I’ll be overloading the loader according to Deere (since I already have the 8' “snow” bucket), but abuse is the only way of life my loader knows, and its weakest points... pinpointed via failure... have been well bolstered. This seems like a fairly simple proposition (add a backboard, duh...) but if someone can suggest some clever wrinkle, I’d love to hear about it. I do want to be able to easily remove whatever I put on (pins, not bolts.)

Also, I don’t know just how small a hole the snow will easily fall through. Looking at this guy’s 2x plank, I suspect powdery snow would fall through under the board. So maybe expanded metal would be better? And I’m thinking maybe a 3x3x1/4 tubing for support, slipping into larger socket-tubes that could stay (bolted) on the back side of the bucket during the season? And if you have any other ideas on the general subject of efficient snow removal, feel free.

Edited by Gary Onanebrfarm 1/3/2010 17:33

(Bucket Board.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Bucket Board.jpg (33KB - 100 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)