AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AutoTrac Guideance Choices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 1/4/2010 11:56 (#1002028 - in reply to #1000962)
Subject: Re: AutoTrac Guideance Choices

Leesburg, Ohio
We run Deere RTK and do exactly what you are talking about. In fact we strip-till some acres, plant everything, side-dress everything, spray some acres, and harvest corn and beans, all on the same a-b lines with RTK. Tried some of these with less-than RTK equipment, and it doesn't work. You can do individual operations with lesser signals, but it won't work to follow one operation with others on autosteer without RTK.

Although we run all Deere RTk equipment, i would think Trimble would be just as good as far as steering. Although I'm sure there are those who do it, I would not be comfortable trying to do it with non-hydraulic steering (like Deere's ATU or Trimble's EZsteer)...I only want integrated hydraulic steering for these apps. We have tried EZsteer, and Outback systems, and they don't compare (and shouldn't really be compared) to Deere RTK.

We chose Deere over Trimble because we have Deere iron, everything matches up, and it flat out WORKS. We can control shut-offs, application rates, mapping, tileing, whatever, without a bunch of cab clutter and system incompatibilities.

RTK is expensive, but for us, it is the best way to save $, increase efficiency, and pay for the system in a fairly short time span. Lesser signals cost less $ up front, but won't as easily generate the payback necessary to recover their cost.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)