AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AFS yield moniter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 4/24/2006 22:40 (#7618 - in reply to #7610)
Subject: RE: Display and reciever not playing together

If it was new on a 2377 last fall, it's either a 100 or a 110. The 100 is flatter on top, while the 130 is more rounded. Either should work fine with your planter monitor. You mention that the receiver end of the cable is a "coax type" connector. I'm hoping (and betting) it's actually a round 12-pin connector. If it is actually a coax connector, then the unit it connects to is only an antenna, and you'll have a separate receiver box somewhere (like the 132.)

If the error comes up immediately after you enable GPS in the display, it's an indicator that the display doesn't even see the receiver. Could be caused by a few things:
1. receiver not powered. Verify that you have 12vDC to the 12-pin receiver connector. (10 is power, 11 is ground, if I recall correctly.)
2. (this is my bet) receiver not configured correctly for communication with the planter display. What version of firmware is installed in your display. I'm going to take a guess and say 7.2. Your 2377 had 31.* firmware. 31.* can communicate at several different baud rates (from 4800 to 38400), while 7.2 can only communicate at 4800. So, if your receiver was configured to output 38k4 when you took it off the combine, it won't be able to talk to the display. Solution? Reconfigure the receiver to output 8N1 NMEA 4800, or update your display and MIU to v8.1 firmware. (you can do the receiver yourself; the dealer will have to do your display and controllers)
3. wiring harness issue
4. receiver failure
5. display failure

If you're taking your receiver off to configure it, you might as well update it to the latest firmware too. Download 3.0 firmware from the Trimble website (look under AgGPS 114). Update, then configure. When you set the port as described above, you will be disconnected from the receiver, but your settings will be saved. Connect the receiver to the planter harness, and you should be good to go. (Assuming #2 above is the problem).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)