AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Few non VT3 hybreds offered
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

farmer in ontario
Posted 12/13/2009 23:08 (#965235 - in reply to #965096)
Subject: Re: Few non VT3 hybreds offered

Ontario
Sorry isagstud, but I can't nod my head on everything in your post. I understand your frustration at the lack of Non-GMO product you have to sell, but I will disagree that it cannot be done!

I have grown seed before, and yes its a process. But if the companies wanted to do it they would. The bottom line is they are being directed this way by monsanto. Monsanto gets rid of all their Non-GMO product, because they want to sell and have us pay for the technology they have produced. (They do not want a BT or a conventional hybrid in the mix, because they have to sell it cheaper. In many instances I can get the variety to yield as good or very close, without the traits.)

Its so expensive, yet monsanto has all kinds of money for inspectors, lawyers, the buyout of smaller seed companies etc.

What we are trying to do is not get rid of monsanto, but bring them to fair play. Every company should have to offer choices in the lineup to accomodate the conventional, and BT crowd, along with their Triple/Quadruple etc. stacks.

I don't buy that we always have to go to a small company to get what we want. Some corns should be offered in the lineup with the GM genes removed. Besides how do we win when monsanto is buying up all these small companies behind our backs anyway?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)