AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

quad track vs 4wd pulling power
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sugarbeet
Posted 11/14/2009 22:47 (#924383 - in reply to #923950)
Subject: Re: quad track vs 4wd pulling power

Blue boy. I'll have to disagree with most of those posting here that the wheels are pulling more than the tracks. From our experience a tracked tractor and it doesn't matter which brand will out pull any wheeled tractor hands down. What we've found is it generally takes about 50hp more on a wheeled tractor to equal a tracked one.(ex a 375hp tracked will pull the same as a 425 wheeled) I agree somewhat on the wet condition comment and tracks and that only applies maybe if you're doing deep fall tillage on extremely wet ground but you can actually travel in wet fields with tracks and have very little slippage and put that same wheeled tractor in the same field an it'll have LOTS of slippage. Don't get me wrong, tracks will slip but by then you shouldn't be out there in the first place. If we wouldn 't have had tracked tractors the last few springs we would have never got a crop planted and I'm not that far from you. Every spring we make the comment about "can you imagine working this field with a wheeled tractor, it would be a disaster"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)