AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GGGRRRRR!! My turn to vent!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rebuilder
Posted 11/12/2009 19:08 (#922084)
Subject: GGGRRRRR!! My turn to vent!!

Bourbon,Indiana

So it is a great harvesting day. I opened up a field, custom harvesting for a neighbor, last night. Got dark & says I, " let's call it a night, since it will be such a great day tomorrow!

Second round this morning, I am coming to the end to dump. I swing out the auger. When I reach the end 30 seconds later, I see a row of corn next to a fence row I missed last night. Hhmm, that won't do. Want to make it look like a nice job. Keep in mind it is only about 20' of corn. I proceed to said row. Hhmm, why is that tree moving in the fence row?!  AAAAGGHHHhh!!!

Yeah. You KNOW where I am heading with this. Results, 1-- busted unload cylinder ram, 1-- sprung unload elbow, 1-- kinked auger tube, 1-- busted cylinder bracket, 1--busted/sprung/kinked/damaged sense of pride.

SIGH! Usually I am pretty careful about the proximity of the unload auger, but in this instance I changed my Modus Operandi. All for probably less than a 1/2 bushel of corn!

And, no, I did not take time for pictures, as I was busy trying to get things apart, and fixed. Sorry!

On the flip side, this harvest has been going so smooth, (machinery wise, not weather), not one breakdown. Even the dryer refused to have hiccups this year.

So, now that I have this out of my way, I should be trouble free the rest of harvest right?!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)