AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hate to go to bed tonight- no water
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

95h
Posted 11/9/2009 10:09 (#918077 - in reply to #916950)
Subject: RE: Ok,, if I overshot then I overshot.

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

I read,,,   "Hate to go to bed tonight" then,,  "Wife will not be happy when I tell her there is no water for her in the morning when she's getting ready to go to work," 

If all he was saying was it was an invconvience perhaps he should have left out a little of the drama like "hate to go to bed", "wife will not be happy" ?  And, usually statements like "wife will not be happy" is completely understated to really mean furious.

So, if I was wrong in reading what he was trying to say,  Then I'm sorry.

I've seen "wifes" come totally unglued over losing water, even in the city. Spend a day   digging up a friends front yard, thru rocks, had to dig down 3 feet about 130 feet, and rained like a cow on a flat rock the whole time. We didn't have the luxury of doing it during the day, worked on it in the dark and rain with lights. Iiterally it was a rock bar.

Line had broke and 'wife was not happy'.

The only "fortunate" part was I was able to convince him to spend the extra bucks and put the new copper line inside some 2' schedule 40 PVC to keep the rocks from rubbing holes in the new supply line.

The "cheapest contractor?,, wanted $5000 to dig up and repair the water supply line.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)