AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grain vacs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kholman
Posted 11/7/2009 01:58 (#915929 - in reply to #915770)
Subject: Re: grain vacs

I dont totally understand what you are trying to replace but regardless we have a Walinga and are very pleased with it. We have the 7614 model. It will move between 4 & 5000 bu/hr from what they say on their website. I would agree but that is with one steel hose and out of a full bin. Don't skimp on hp though. The 175 hp tractor works with it and the 250 hp tractor is nice.

We use it for cleaning out the bottoms of flat bottom bins, crop circles (grain rings) and piles. You dont have to work to hard to make it just as fast as a 7" auger when cleaning out the bottoms. Full bin capacity I would say similar to 9" (more than 8, not quite 10).

The Walinga uses an air lock so its blown out and uses a cyclone. You do have the option of hooking hoses to the dishcharge and blowing it into a handling system though. So a little more versatile than the Rems/Brandts with the auger unloads. Also is supposed to have better suction when adding additional hoses on for greater reach.

In '03 I think ours cost around $17k. I looked into the cost of the same unit few months back and if my memory serves me correct it was now $27k (Canadian $). Not cheap but a good machine. Hope this helps some.

p.s. if you have the option of hydraulic lift and rotation of the disharge boom. GET IT. The old 614 we had, had a bottle jack lift and a handle to rotate. PITA and slow

Edited by kholman 11/7/2009 02:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)