AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Edge failure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mcline
Posted 11/4/2009 12:20 (#913296 - in reply to #912510)
Subject: Re: Ag Leader Edge failure

Ladoga, IN, United States, North America, Earth

I have done a few installs on 16xx series combines. Although, mine were with the PF Advantage, not the EDGE display. There really isn't that much to a Yield monitor install, I would definitely check through all their connections, make sure everything is right. Get a copy of the line art drawing and trace all their wiring to make sure it is hooked up correctly. If the dealer won't or can't get you a copy, email me and I'll send you one. It lays it out how everything is supposed to be hooked up.

As they said earlier, check the GPS. I had an Insight hooked to a 432 for GPS that would keep blowing a fuse. The customer had lost the original null modem cable that came with it. I had a Trimble one. Turned out that with the Trimble one it was sending power across one of the pins that the Ag Leader null modem cable doesn't have in it and it was blowing a 5 amp fuse causing it to blank out. Just a thought.

To the post that says Trimble is not working with Ag Leader any more.

Trimble and Ag Leader have been parting ways for a long time. If you didn't see it coming with all of the companies that Trimble was buying, you are blind. Its been pretty evident lately. We knew that Ag Leader was going to come up with a steering solution. They had too. That was the only thing that I could see that was holding Ag Leader to Trimble. Trimble has done a great job at steering, there is no two ways about it. The rest of their products are lacking a bit.

Ag Leader, not having seen their steering system yet, has a long road ahead of them to compete with what Trimble has established, but the rest of their products beat Trimble's products hands down in my book. I nearly get sick at the thought of having to install a True Application Control system of Trimble's. And I hope key people read that post. I love to sell a Insight with Direct command over Trimble.

Ag Leaders installs are simple. I have not yet had a problem dealing with their Tech support. Everyone I have talked to there does a great job.

As for ripping the tech department on here when you haven't even talked to them personally, it is quite hard to trouble shoot something when you are not there to look at it or installed it. Sometimes the smallest installation goof up causes major pains. They have to go by what the dealer told them they did and try to go forth. Their tech guys are amazing and have been doing it for many years.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)