AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tonight's Supper - Guess What It Is!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

judythe
Posted 11/3/2009 23:03 (#912769 - in reply to #912313)
Subject: Re: Tonight's Supper - Guess What It Is!

Mechanicville, NY
<p>hi betsy! i was thinking i miss talking to you as well. i wish we lived closer. i have been busy with school, church, SS, putting out fires - you know what it is like. Here is the recipe - trust me it is NOT fancy but tastes just wonderful. </p><p> </p><p>Judythe's Crock Pot Chicken and Biscuits </p><p>2 boneless skinless chix breasts - fairly good size </p><p>1/2 c. or so chopped onion - more if you like </p><p>3T minced garlic - stuff in the jar works well </p><p>1 can cream of chix soup </p><p>1 can water </p><p>2 chix boullion cubes </p><p>1 can cottage cheese (yes really - fill the soup can with cotttage cheese and dump it in) </p><p>1t bells seasoning - more if you like </p><p>S&P to taste Bisquick mix or tube biscuts </p><p>1. cut the chix up into chunks and saute on medium heat in OO or butter with onion and garlic and salt and pepper to taste - season it the way you like to season chix only cook it about half way. then dump in crock pot. scrape out the fry pan and add the bits too. </p><p>2. add soup, water, boullion cubes, cottage cheese, bell's seasoning and more S&P if you like. I don't because the cottage cheese has a nice bit of saltiness to it already. </p><p>3. set on low and cook for about 5-6 hours or till chix is done. cottage cheese will melt into the soup. if you feel you want to add more water go ahead but more than another can of water is not suggested. </p><p>4. when chix is done, turn up to high and plop all of the tube biscuits in and stir around once OR make one batch of bisquick biscuits and plop them in by the spoonful. give one small stir. put cover on and leave for about 30 minutesish. </p><p>5. all of the buscuits will have come to the top and made one big fat buscuit/dumpling on top and the sauce has thickened up a lot. mmmmmmm! scoop out a fat portion into a bowl and enjoy! you can add butter to the biscuts or not. whatever blows your hair back. This makes enough for about 5 dinners for me - but I live alone. SO you may want to double or triple it. It will be fine. let me know if you like it!</p>

Edited by judythe 11/3/2009 23:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)