AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need Help On a Vacation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

MN Dave 2
Posted 11/11/2009 23:30 (#921349 - in reply to #910154)
Subject: Re: Need Help On a Vacation

Wife and I went to Hawaii 5 years ago in February to celebrate our 25 anniversary. GREAT TRIP!!!!!!! Pearl Harbor is worth the trip alone (I love history) . Tour the battleship Missouri, pay for a guided tour. We didn't and wished later that we had bought the guided tour. Roads, traffic and maps on Oahu SUCK!! Don't rely on the poor map you get from the car rental place, buy a good map and study it beforehand. We toured the Polynesian culture center. We hired our bus guide to guide us through the place. Well worth hiring him. The luau food was a rip off, $60 each for terrible food. the show after the luau was incredible, great. We spent 4 days on Oahu and 3 days on Maui. About right time amount for each. Forget the boat whale watching on Maui, you'll be looking at a flipper or a head sticking out of the water 1/2 mile away. We saw a lot more whales much closer by driving along the coast highway, they had nice areas you could pull off of highway to whale watch. We did a submarine ride on Maui, great time. Did the road to Hanna. Stop at a gas station and purchase a $5 CD for a self guided tour for the Hanna highway. I had the worst headache I've ever had from driving on that road... 600 curves and 200 1 lane bridges in 32 miles. and then you turn around and drive back to civilization. We were going to visit Charles Lindberg's grave site which is a mile or 2 past Hanna, we turned around at Hanna, I told my wife I had such a headache I didn't care if I saw it and I was sure Chuck didn't care either.
We rented a car on both islands... make sure parking is available/included in hotel/motel. Otherwise having own transportation is a must.

My wife uses a lot of the pictures we took with our digital camera as screen saver on our computer. Beautiful sunsets, fantastic white sand beaches and walking on beach at dusk holding hands with wife watching the whales blow snot into the air in the sunset..... it doesn't get much better than that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)