AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Steer Terrain Compensation fault
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cotton880
Posted 10/26/2009 22:24 (#901330)
Subject: EZ Steer Terrain Compensation fault

Elkmont, AL
Planting wheat today and my ez steer kicks out and says at the bottom of the screen that there is no terrain compensation and the steering won't engage. Unplug and reboot and is fine for maybe an hour or so and same thing again. One time I was able to unplug the grey plug that connects the T2 to the 500 and went back to working without having to reboot, but that only worked once. By the end of the day im lucky if it will last 15 minutes between reboots. Read the ez steer fault screen and it said "no heartbeat detected", or something to that effect. Checked all of my cables and connections and appears to be fine. T2 is bolted to a solid steel plate that is screwed to the floor. Running v5.0 in the 500 and 4.01 on the ez steer. According to serial #, mine should have the updated lower bridge. Im using cigarette lighter as my power supply, but may change it over tommorrow to a keyed power plug and see if that helps. Is this possibly a voltage problem? Or is this something deeper such as a bad T2 box or bad cable? Thanks for any help.

Edited by cotton880 10/26/2009 23:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)