AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Turning up a TM115 or TS110
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RodInNS
Posted 10/20/2009 21:26 (#892499 - in reply to #892137)
Subject: RE: Turning up a TM115 or TS110

I'd go with the TS. As far as I know, aside from the 4 vs 6 cylinder enginer there's not a lot of difference in the basic chassis size. The TM is a light chassis for it's power class while the TS is built like a brick ****house.
The TM115 I believe is a naturally aspirated 456 cid Genesis engine. The TS110 I know is a 304 turbo Genesis. That fact alone is enough to sell me on the TS. I don't want any stinkin N/A engine.
Beyond that.... with PTO work in mind I think I'd want the TS for the simple reason that I know those PTO's are highly reliable. They may be difficult to work on, but reliable. Likewise, transmissions are pretty solid too. I'd not sold on the power shifted syncro job (18x6) in the TM. There's one in pieces locally right now...
I think I'd skip the TM's personally... I'd go with a TS or straight on up to a 70 series or TG.

For what it's worth I don't think turning either of those engines up by the amount suggested is going to hurt either one if it's used sensibly but the N/A engine is going to get smokey... I don't think you could get a whole lot more from the TS110 anyway because the pump delivery is going to top out not far above where it is anyway...

Rod
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)