AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HELP!!! giggle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

martin
Posted 12/27/2006 18:06 (#79332 - in reply to #79304)
Subject: RE: HELP!!! giggle

Sounds like you have 64 Mb RAM, and you need more......
First of all, the outside of the printer box should tell you how much RAM you need to run the printer. Did you look what it says?
Then your computer can tell you how much you have - which you say has 64 Mb RAM. IT is fairly simple to open up the computer and install additional 64 Mb RAM, provided you know what kind you have, and you add "like kind".......... and provided you have additional space to add RAM. Maybe you can open the case and see if you have space to install more ram ....... or, if your son-in-law is a computer whiz, maybe he can do it. Sometimes, if your RAM space is full - i.e, if you have space for 4 sticks of 16mB RAM, maybe you can remove them and install 4 new sticks of 32 MB RAM. That would get you where you want to be. Make sure, however, you are installing the correct type. If you don't know what you are doing here, it would be a good idea to find someone who does know, and they can help you. It is not difficult, but if done wrong, it can have undesired results.

Here is an article I found. I don't know if this will help you or not. Here is a search of articles I did to find the above article.

Edited by martin 12/27/2006 18:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)