AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

want to use liquid moudule to power a clutch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/12/2009 06:05 (#843721 - in reply to #843403)
Subject: RE: want to use liquid moudule to power a clutch

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
walter20 - 9/11/2009 21:07

have Agleader insight and direct command setup for sprayer. Want to use this inorder to turn my electric clutch on my strip tiller on. I don't need a flow just want to use the power cables inorder to power my clutch. Any tips on what to do because it flashes no flow which is right but i don't need a flow.

To power a clutch it would probably be best to use a relay to take the load off of the module. This may not be necessary if the clutch requires minimual power.

The expected use of the liquid module is to monitor flow, calculate rate and control a liquid product. The module will require that some type of flow information is present or you will get the error message as you have seen.

You will need some type of flow information coming to the module even if it is fake. A Raven shaft sensor could be installed on the metering device which would create flow information. The control circuit is expecting to control the flow rate which is commonly a butterfly type valve in a sprayer. If this circuit is not connected, the system will not complain in the sense that it "knows" that this is not connected. The system will complain if the rate it calculates is not within a reasonable tolerance of the target rate that you have entered. If you set the tolerance at the maximum of 9% then the alarm will probably not sound and you won't be bothered by it.

The Ag Leader Strip-till module is designed for this situation. In this setup, the module is used to monitor the rate of up to three products in a strip-till situation. The flow rate of each product(s) is sensed by a shaft sensor on the metering device. The metering device(s) is run by an orbit motor. The speed of each orbit motor is commonly controlled by a PWM valve to each motor. The system can start/stop the product delivery by starting/stopping the orbit motors. This can be done manually with the Switchbox or automatically with Autoswath.

The entire rig must be one section - no split sections are allowed as is the case with liquid products and a Liquid Control Product module.

I assume your motivation is to use the equipment that you already own without buying an additional module. This would allow you to use your present switchbox, Auxiliary Input module and Liquid module. Again your obstacle is the flow situation - the module simply must have some type of input to the flow circuitry.

This is somewhat like my situation of using the Insight with my Deere 4720 sprayer. I want to use the Insight for swath control, mapping, logging and running a Direct Chemical Injection pump. In a 4720 the Deere system must be used for running the sprayer itself for the carrier.

In this case, the flowmeter information is tee'd so that the Deere system still gets the flow information and runs the spray rate as usual but the LCPM also gets this same information. The Insight system behaves as if it is controlling the sprayer. The control circuit out of the LCPM is not connected to anything. If the Insight sees that the rate is a bit low, it will try to increase the flow rate but it is really not doing anything. In the meantime, the Deere system should sense that the rate is low and apply the proper corrective measures. This all works very well.

If I drive very slowly around obstacles, the Deere system will reach it's lower limit based on pressure and warn me. The Insight will sense that the rate is high and warn me also. I realize that this is happening and don't get bothered by the warnings as they will go away as soon as I get back up to a more normal speed.

If you have a Seed Command module, it should be possible to use it for your purposes. Since Seen Command does not expect flow information that obstacle would be eliminated. The relay to run the clutch would be needed to reverse the logic to the clutch since Seed Command applies electricity when it feels that a section should be OFF and you need the opposite. This can be done easily with a SPDT relay. Some "creative lying" would be involved since the variety planted would actually be fertilizer. but I believe it could be done.

Edited by tedbear 9/12/2009 06:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)