AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new seed tag law?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Topshot
Posted 9/2/2009 08:48 (#832812 - in reply to #832644)
Subject: Re: new seed tag law?

Near Richmond, IN
I really don't know anything about this "law" they are talking about but I would guess that if the variety number is required to be on the tag, it will be similar to the number that is on the "list" that has been posted here earlier. Some states already require this number to be on the tags. When a new variety (hybrid) is introduced it will have a number assigned to it and that number would then be required to be on the tag of any brand of that hybrid-no matter who sells it. It would not tell you the genetics of that hybrid but you would be able to tell that brand x hybrid 3345 was the same as brand y hybrid 5484.
I personally think genetics should be on there as many companies sell the same genetics under their own "brand" names and then the small companies that usually sell for less could easily say " my variety x is the same as so and so's variety Z, but will cost you less from me! Or course I'd like it because we have a small company. The big companies are the ones who have always opposed it. That would certainly make my job easier.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)