AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Most used word in the manual......!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

trakman
Posted 8/27/2009 20:55 (#826921)
Subject: Most used word in the manual......!

Central Kansas
Got the combine out today and calibrated the distance part of the PF Advantage so now have ground speed with the GPS and wheel as a secondary. After I got that done, spent a few hours reading through the manual and can't believe now many times the word "calibrate" is used. Never realized that sooooooo many factors come in to play to make it work. Never was explain why but had to change the "C11" number for ever type of grain I'm going to harvest and that number was for an 88 series, different for a 66 series. Many other figures I had to change to apparently make it work and so on. If I understand right, hope this is a one time deal and most of all hope that I didn't miss a calabration number change somewhere.

One thing I havn't figured out is when I show the map, engage the seperator as if I was harvesting, the arrow in the center of the map does not change direction and it always points North. Do I have to be in actual harvest conditions getting grain flow and moisture for it to start doing something?

I'll spend the better part of my harvest just trying to learn what to do next.....hopefully with out screwing something up. I can see now the "buddy seat" will be occupied with the PF Advantage manual.........cause I'm dang sure going to need it!

Edited by trakman 8/27/2009 20:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)