AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2" trash pump troubleshooting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

TexasPecans
Posted 4/13/2024 23:53 (#10705972 - in reply to #10705880)
Subject: RE: 2" trash pump troubleshooting

If your trying to lift 18 foot of water it isn't going to happen with that pump. I tried that exact same setup with no luck. I even plumbed in a tote and had the pump circulating the tote water then opened a teed in valve to make it suck from the well with a full hose of water going down the well with a check valve on the bottom. As much as I tried it just didn't happen. Then I realized as much as a pain in the ass it was I figured to ever get it to pump each time it wasn't worth it. I dropped a 1hp submersible in and run it off my welder. I make 33 gpm that way open discharge.

If like the other poster said if it's 5 foot water level (assuming it stays constant while pumping and doesn't go below your hose) you still need a check valve on your hose. I always run a check valve on my suction hose that way that hose stays full and you can fill it from the priming port.
But a 4 inch well keeping up with that pump is unlikely to not drop the static water level pretty quickly. Has to be a well capable of 100 gpm or more.

Edited by TexasPecans 4/13/2024 23:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)