AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Washer detergent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Fighting suburbia NC
Posted 8/19/2009 13:26 (#816925 - in reply to #816834)
Subject: Re: Washer detergent

Too close to Raleigh, NC
We have had a new frontload for almost a year? now and have just recently emptied the first bottle of HE detergent (might have been 2 bottles as I believe she was using different brands for different kinds of clothes). If you look at the size of the built-in cup for the detergent it really does not take a lot to fill it up for each load. One of the selling points of the frontload is that not only does it save a bunch of water the detergent goes alot farther. That said, I wash my work clothes in the old washer out in the shop so we (just wife and I) do not wash but maybe a load or two of clothes a week (don't really know for sure as I am not allowed to operate the new washing machine - my job is to fold everything that comes out of the dryer).

The other thing about frontload HE detergent is that it uses different enzymes than top load so that t you do not get all of the suds. Works with the decreased water usage to still get clothes clean and doesn't seem to beat up the fabric near as much as the old top load agitator. We were real surprised at how long the detergent lasted. Not sure if you could make your own that has the non-sudsing requirement to keep from gumming up stuff that doesn't need to see suds.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)