AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help with good easy healthy meals!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iluvafarmer
Posted 8/18/2009 20:40 (#815897 - in reply to #815849)
Subject: Re: Help with good easy healthy meals!

Eastern Nebraska
One of the favorites around here is spaghetti... I make vegetable spaghetti and it really cuts the calories.... I put in whatever fresh veggies I have around like summer squash, zuchinni, mushrooms, carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes and sauce.... the mushrooms especially portabellas will give them that feeling of chewing meat...... serve over whole grain pasta. This sauce freezes well if you make a big batch.

Homemade chicken strips is another favortie... cut boenless skinless chicken strips into .... do not pat them dry as the moisture will hold on the coating.... take bread crumbs...if you use seasoned you do not need to add anything else.... if you use unseasoned you can make them whatever "flavor" you want.... taco seasoning makes mexican, other spices to make your flavor of the night... roll the chicken strips in the bread crumbs and bake int he oven at 350 for about 25 minutes or until done... you can dip the stips in melted butter or egg wash first if you do not mind the few extra calories.... these are good the next day in a flour tortilla with ranch dressing and lettuce and cheese for lunch... If you have any left...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)