AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn seed availability?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Zach in Ala.
Posted 3/12/2024 21:24 (#10662982 - in reply to #10662965)
Subject: RE: Corn seed availability?

DeereMan97 - 3/12/2024 20:15 If you ask me, and my uneducated position, if I were one of these loving seed companies then this is exactly what I’d do. “Mismanage” my seed production and projections so that seed has a lower supply and demand for other hybrids goes up. Can’t move some of these different hybrids? Let’s just short change the ones everyone wants and force them into selecting hybrids they otherwise didn’t want. I have a very hard time believing that seed production was that low last year when we had a reported record crop nationwide and I know for a fact that some of the soybean companies are cutting seed acres due to massive over production over the last 2 years. Seems odd that we have way too much soy seed and not enough corn seed

I think you are giving the seed projection teams too much credit. While it may work as you say to some degree, that was not the intentions. They plan seed production out 2 years on these and by the time they figured out they would not have very much carry over seed, it was too late to increase planted acres.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)