AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgOpenGPS U turn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 3/9/2024 17:52 (#10659103 - in reply to #10659006)
Subject: RE: AgOpenGPS U turn

Middlesex County, Ontario
AgOpenGPS does some of these things a little bit differently, but I'll try to hit all of your points.

What AgOpenGPS has is a "Tracks" menu. The Tracks menu shows all the guidance Tracks for the field. These tracks may be AB, A+, Curves, etc, they are all grouped together and shown in this menu. You can turn Tracks on and off by clicking the little colour bar next to the track's name.

I've setup the customizable right side menu button here with Track buttons. On top is the auto-track-select toggle button. When the auto-track-select button is turned on, the system will automatically select whichever track most closely fits your location/heading. It will only do this when auto steer is not engaged, when autosteer is engaged it will lock onto the line. The arrows below let you cycle through the list of Tracks that are turned on. The little number fraction above tells you which line you are on. When a new line is selected, there's a big momentary popup with the line name. I think that mostly does what you want.

I know some people have 30+ lines due to terraces and would like the tracks stored in groups, groups was tried but it was too complex for everyone else. I believe the tracks are stored in alphabetical order, so those 30+ tracks guys at least have a fighting chance.

You can have all your 12 lines stored, but there's not always a need to have multiple lines for 1 waterway. You can simply generate a curve track right off the waterway's boundary.

Inner boundaries can be set to "Drive Thru - Yes" so that AgOpenGPS wants to drive through them (while shutting off application and lifting the implement). You can also set it to No if you had something like a pond, where you'd want the alarm chime when approaching and a headland pass and maybe U turns.

Most systems when you set an AB line, setting A and setting B is like dropping a flag from the drawbar and then guiding the drawbar over those flags. AgOpenGPS uses edge reference, it’s kind of like dropping the flag off the edge of your implement, and guiding the edge of your implement over those flags. My track called “Waterway” can be used with 20’, 30’, 85’, whatever width equipment, the single track will put the edge of the implement on the edge of the grass. This can greatly reduce the number of tracks required.

There is a rate control plug-in that can provide an actual application map like you have, but I have not played with that plug-in.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 3/9/2024 18:17

(Tracks Menu (full).JPG)

(Line Name (full).JPG)

(Drive Thru (full).JPG)

(New AB (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Tracks Menu (full).JPG (82KB - 19 downloads)
Attachments Line Name (full).JPG (77KB - 19 downloads)
Attachments Drive Thru (full).JPG (80KB - 14 downloads)
Attachments New AB (full).JPG (76KB - 14 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)