AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dr Phil on Rogan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 2/29/2024 08:53 (#10645070 - in reply to #10644951)
Subject: RE: wow, olddantucker, you seriously think that is what causes "ditches to fill up"... Dying grass

The causes of erosion is site specific and I assume the causes of building up are site specific also.

We tend to think of erosion as a human caused issue but it is actually a natural process that has been occurring since long before mankind walked the land. I’m not saying mankind doesn’t play a role in it today, obviously we do, but it would be wrong to assume that it is automatically a catastrophe in every situation. It has happened naturally at very large scales throughout Earths history. River valleys are one example of that.

As far as building up the land what we call topsoil didn’t just happen to be there. It was made through natural processes that plant life played a huge role in creating and that process continues to this day.

The surface of the earth seems to have been built up for all of history. Somehow, the dinosaur bones ended up being buried very deep everywhere around the world. Somehow the vast majority of ancient cities we come across almost always need to be excavated. I suspect the processes that built up soil on top of those things are still at work in today’s world also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)