AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jpow on 60 minutes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

BrianFerentz
Posted 2/5/2024 05:20 (#10609207 - in reply to #10609171)
Subject: RE: Do Farmers get credit for doing our Jobs during Covid?

JonSCKs - 2/5/2024 00:09

“Supply Chains fell apart during Covid 19.. but we bounced back better than we.. at the Fed expected.”  J Powell on 60 minutes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2020/04/12/how-covid-19-is-impacting-the-ethanol-and-corn-producers/

I spent some time this week discussing the economic impact on farmers with a friend, Kansas corn farmer Jon McClure. He took the picture at the top of the page from his tractor as he and his son Derek worked to get this year’s corn crop planted. From the cab of his tractor, he told me “The irony is that falling commodity prices are going to hit farmers and ranchers hard, even as prices surge further downstream. This is being caused by critical bottlenecks in the supply chain.” 

To better understand the impacts of the COVID-19 impact on the food and ethanol producers in the heartland, I also spoke to Greg Krissek, the CEO of the Kansas Corn Growers Association, and Josh Roe who is Vice President of Market Development and Policy for the team.”

… read article.

I remember we were just “going to work” as the whole country was shutting down..

what happens if Covid kills or makes our nations farmers incapacitated during the critical windows of planting, fertilizing, watering and harvesting our nations crops during this pandemic?

EVERYONE was told to stay home.. except for “essential personal”.. Livestock had to be fed.. crops grown.

Just imagine where we would have been if farmers and ranchers took the year off like everyone else.

We had a flat tire on a tool.. I took it off.. took it to the locked Coop Service station.. left it.. called the employee.. “okay I’m gone.” He unlocked the door.. fixed the tire.. placed it outside.. and locked the door again.. “okay it’s ready.”

After about 5 days.. screw it.. if we die.. we die.. everyone pretty much ignored the CDC and went back to work.

Imagine if farmers and Ranchers took the “school year off” like some school districts did (no offense teachers.)

it’s one thing to not teach kids..

Its another not to eat.

You’re welcome Jerome Powell.” Jon McClure Kansas farmer.. did his JOB during Covid.

https://youtu.be/Ws5Jnoq96qo?si=iBvI7k8dkYVi1aUS 

Thank you for your service.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)