AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CGM's for healthy people
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/7/2024 08:12 (#10561289)
Subject: CGM's for healthy people

Pittsburg, Kansas
Continous glucose monitors.

I would like to try one but just have not got around to doing it. My doctor put in a request to my insurance for one. Insurance was supposed to have third party company contact me. Never got the contact or perhaps I never answered the phone (I do that often if I do not recognize the number) or any email ended up in my spam folder (get quite a lot of those and hardly ever look in that folder).

What I would prefer to do is not mess with the insurance at all and just pay for a monitor. Hopefully get it on a promotion where the CGM company is trying to get people started on them. The money they make is actually in the repeat sales of the sensors. But I have not taken the time to watch for promotional sales like talked about in the video linked below.

This video discusses the use of CGM's by normally healthy people. In other words not diabetics. The presenter comes to the conclusion that healthy people could benefit by using one at least for a while to see what foods are problematic for them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B5T5B1dJEyI

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)